About Me

My photo
My name is Hannah Meherg. I am a seventh grade English teacher. I am a former ESL teacher, Taiwan resident, theatre junkie, book lover, cookie baker, and baseball stat keeper.

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Double Tens Day!

Double Tens Day (October 10) is the national day of the Republic of China (ROC). It commemorates the start of the Wuchang Uprising of October 10, 1911, which led to the collapse of the Qing Dynasty inChina and establishment of the Republic of China on January 1, 1912.
As a result of the Chinese Civil War, the Government of the Republic of China lost control of mainland China and relocated to Taiwan in 1949. The National Day is now mainly celebrated in Taiwan.

This year I had the opportunity to join some foreigners (mainly from South Africa) to participate in a Braii (bbq). We traveled to a national park and had an enjoyable day of eating, climbing trees and enjoying the lovely outdoors.




No comments:

Post a Comment