About Me

My photo
My name is Hannah Meherg. I am a seventh grade English teacher. I am a former ESL teacher, Taiwan resident, theatre junkie, book lover, cookie baker, and baseball stat keeper.

Sunday, June 16, 2013

2013 Graduation

This past week all of my 9th grade and 12th Grade students graduated from Junior High and High school. It is a bittersweet time as I am happy that they are graduating, sad because I will miss them and happy because now I have fewer classes!




For the high school’s last class, we had a “English Graduation Ceremony”.  High school graduation here is not a huge deal. They don’t wear anything special or really do that much, so I wanted to do something different.

So a few weeks earlier we started preparing. We used black paper to make graduation caps, took graduation photos, learned about graduation in America, and prepped for the ceremony.

On the last day of my class, we had our English Graduation! They did the usual walking in to Pomp and Circumstance, receiving the diploma and hearing a (very short) speech from their two teachers. It was fun and I think they enjoyed it!

On the actual graduation day, the students had a short(ish) ceremony that of course I understood little of. They sang a song together and after the ceremony, we partied!!


Of course, what I really mean is that the senior class and their teachers went to a Japanese restaurant and ate lunch together. It was a fun lunch though!






No comments:

Post a Comment