About Me

My photo
My name is Hannah Meherg. I am a seventh grade English teacher. I am a former ESL teacher, Taiwan resident, theatre junkie, book lover, cookie baker, and baseball stat keeper.

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Sweet Home Alabama

My vacation to Sweet Home Alabama was so amazing. Home is always a great place to be, and this was no exception. 

After a very, very long plane ride, I arrived in Detroit only to miss my connection to Birmingham because  we left late and customs took a very long time to go through. At this point, exhausted and overwhelmed to be back in America, I just wanted to get home. My sweet father made sure I was on the quickest plane home which ended up being a plane to Atlanta. He, my mom and Cassie (she lives with my parents and therefore is my new sister) met me in Atlanta. We drove straight to Chik-fil-a where I devoured some of their yummy goodness. We also had to make a Wal-Mart run since my suitcase got lost somewhere and I had no deodorant or makeup. I then crashed into my nice soft bed (well technically Judson’s bed) and slept like the dead. 

The next few days consisted of Church, Mexican food, Wal-mart runs, shopping and a trip to Birmingham with Cassie to pick up my long lost suitcase. 

On Tuesday, I headed to Thomasville to see my drama babies practice for Little Women. It was so fun to see them. I surprised most of them and got tackled for my efforts! On Wednesday I pampered myself with a pedicure, new haircut and BBQ lunch with Brandi. Then I took a deep breath and headed to Thomasville High School. This was a very hard step for me because it was the first time I had been back since the end of school. It ended up being very good. I think I got some closure and realized just how much I enjoy my current job. I really enjoyed seeing some of the teachers and students. Then Nolie Ramsey and I spent a few hours of girl time talking and catching up. Then it was time to go to church. One of the things that I miss more than anything is Thomasville Baptist Church. The people there truly love me and I miss them. I thoroughly enjoyed seeing the youth and being in Choir practice again. Thursday, I got up and went to THS again to see the few people I missed the first time around. Then I went to and hung out with Karen while the storms raged.  When the storms subsided, I headed to Birmingham.

I got to Birmingham and met my dear Camille at Barnes and Noble. We went and had dinner at the Cheesecake Factory and just talked and talked and talked. I love her so very much. At Barnes and Noble, we bought each other birthday presents and had a good time. Then I went to Mallory’s house and hung out with her. We watched Courageous and just talked. Friday, she took the day off so we could hang out. We had breakfast and just hung out. We painted Canvases, watched more movies, went for a walk, made cookies and dinner and talked. Spending this time with friends is one of the things I truly miss the most.

Friday night, I headed home to see my brother and his girlfriend, Anna. Judson literally jumped on top of me when I got home. Saturday, we had a big family and friends party that was fun and I got to see just about everyone in my life. 

And again, the next few days consisted of good sleep, shopping, baking cookies with Cassie, fake Chinese food, more Wal-Mart runs and trying to stuff all my stuff into my suitcases. I ate so much good food, I’m sure I gained 10 pounds.

Thursday morning, we got up very very early and headed to Birmingham. 30 something hours later, I arrived in Taiwan.

No comments:

Post a Comment