About Me

My photo
My name is Hannah Meherg. I am a seventh grade English teacher. I am a former ESL teacher, Taiwan resident, theatre junkie, book lover, cookie baker, and baseball stat keeper.

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Sun Moon Lake

On the 18th, I decided to head north to visit the popular site, Sun Moon Lake. While the scenery was beautiful, I didn’t enjoy the experience as much as I should have. First of all… it took FOREVER to get there. I was told the wrong train station, so I got off one city too early then had to wait forever for the next train. When I got there, it was an hour and a half bus ride to Sun Moon Lake. I left my house at 9:00 a.m. and didn’t get there until 3:00 p.m. The last bus leaves at 6 headed back so I didn’t have much time. I got on the “around the lake” bus and went to the tramway where you could take a tram to some aboriginal village. That was beautiful and almost made up for the long trip. However, when we got to the top, I couldn’t buy a ticket to the village so I pretty much waited in line forever for a 5 minute trip. Oh well… I took this picture while I was up there.



Once back down, I immediately headed for the shuttle bus and barely caught the last one. It was SOOO crowded, but I finally made it back and caught the HSR back since it was so late. When I got home, I took the HSR shuttle bus because it was faster than the train. Then I took a cab to where my scooter was parked. When I stopped to get dinner (at 10:00 p.m.) I realized that I had lost my wallet… And that pretty much sums up the trip. I spent a bunch of money and didn’t manage to do a whole lot and lost my wallet with all my important identification and cards. But I am working on getting everything replaced, so no real harm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment