About Me

My photo
My name is Hannah Meherg. I am a seventh grade English teacher. I am a former ESL teacher, Taiwan resident, theatre junkie, book lover, cookie baker, and baseball stat keeper.

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Fireworks Festival

 February 6 was the end of the Lantern Festival. There was a large Fireworks festival at a temple very near my home, so Zoe and Amanda took Robyn and I. It was so much fun! It was also very very crowded which is unusual for this area of Tainan. I didn't know what to do! I have never seen this much traffic near my home before! We drove our scooters as close as possible, then walked the rest of the way. We had some dinner from one of the food stands and then got very very close to watch the fireworks. They were beautiful and went on FOREVER. Now.. I thought Disneyworld had a long display. They don 't have anything on Asia. After the main display, it got down to the fun part. Large "beehives" were carried into the middle of the crowd and bascially shot fireworks out into the crowd. People brought large pieces of plastic to hide behind. We however... had a student and an umbrella... It worked though. I did get hit in the arm once but it didn't burn or anything. It just felt like I got hit by a ball. It was so much fun and terrifying at the same time! Here are some pictures from the night.




No comments:

Post a Comment