About Me

My photo
My name is Hannah Meherg. I am a seventh grade English teacher. I am a former ESL teacher, Taiwan resident, theatre junkie, book lover, cookie baker, and baseball stat keeper.

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

FET Inservice in Taipei

Wow! Time has flown by. I had a very enjoyable time at my Inservice with the other Foreign English teachers in Taipei January 18-20.  

We arrived in time for lunch. After lunch, Andrew Stewart did his presentation on the differences between American and Taiwanese schools. Then it was my turn. Thankfully, I did well. My presentation went smoothly and nothing messed up. I actually managed to fill up the whole time. Then we heard from Lori, Maria, Ella and Theresa. Each presentation was done very well and I learned a lot from them. Then Professor Chen made us stand in a circle and say one thing we were impressed with from the presentations. All of mine were about how much time I spend with the students or about my pen pal project.

After that, we had dinner and some of us ventured out on the town. When we go back, we found the Karaoke room and had a great time belting out some tunes. 

The next day we heard from Rose, Crystal, Allen, Aaron and Enid. Joy was supposed to go, but had technical difficulties, so Allen volunteered to go in her place. Lina was all over this and called Allen, Joy’s knight in shining armor! Previously, she had informed Allen and I that we were soul mates.

 After lunch, we hit the road for our cultural exploration. I wasn’t feeling that great so the first thing we did (the puppet museum) I stayed in the lobby. It ended up being really nice. I had a nice conversation with this cute old man from Georgia and then had a nice chat with Ella and Theresa. The puppets were kinda scary looking and I just wasn’t all that interested. After that we went to Taipei 101 which was really cool. But the most fun part was that Allen and Joy decided to enter Ellen Degeneres’ Dance Dare. So basically Allen followed unsuspecting Taiwanese people around and danced behind them. It was hilarious. We then had dinner and headed back to the dorm.

The last day we heard from James, Christine, Jessica and Joy. After lunch, we went our respective ways. Rose and I went to the Novatel Hotel at the Taoyuan airport. We shared a hotel room before heading our separate ways on Saturday morning.






 At first I was dreading the Inservice, but it was so good to see everyone and hear about their experiences. I loved our little family reunion!

No comments:

Post a Comment