About Me

My photo
My name is Hannah Meherg. I am a seventh grade English teacher. I am a former ESL teacher, Taiwan resident, theatre junkie, book lover, cookie baker, and baseball stat keeper.

Monday, August 22, 2011

Thursday

Thursday was a kind of blah day. I hit the wall that probably everyone hits. It is the wall of “I’ve had fun being in a different place, but now I just kinda want to go home and take a long bubble bath, eat a hamburger, sleep and then teleport myself back to the country I live in.” At least that is the wall I hit. So far the most difficult thing for me is just the difficulty communicating. I really enjoy being in Tainan, but NO ONE speaks English like a native speaker. Even the English teachers don’t always understand me. I have to speak slowly and use small words, which anyone who knows me would know is hard for me! I love using big words!

So I go to work every morning, but there is really nothing for me to do because I have very little information about who and what I will be teaching. I am working on a slideshow about myself and where I come from to show on the first day, but after that, I am not sure what is gonna go on. When I asked my director about it, he basically told me not to worry, that what I was doing would be easy that I didn’t need to stress about it. I said, “Ok.”, but that is hard for me to do. So anyways, around 5ish Melon, came and helped me buy my ticket for the High Speed Rail so that I can go see Alicia! She also took me and showed me around town a little! It was fun and good to be with someone instead of alone! Soon she is going to take me swimming and to the Garden Night Market which is really famous!

No comments:

Post a Comment