About Me

My photo
My name is Hannah Meherg. I am a seventh grade English teacher. I am a former ESL teacher, Taiwan resident, theatre junkie, book lover, cookie baker, and baseball stat keeper.

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Possibly my favorite day of Orientation


Thursday 

We had Chinese lessons again today. I still feel so befuddled. I did do my homework and practiced introducing myself, telling my nationality, birthday and who is in my family. We were also given fake money and had to go around and shop! At one “shop” Allen bought three rings and gave to me, Joy and Jessica! After Chinese lessons, we had several Foreign English teachers come and share their experiences! It was really good and informative! It gave me a better idea of what to expect.  



After lunch, we had more presenters including my favorite! Debb Draught presented about her experience teaching in Taiwan! She was so incredible! She has a huge personality and loves life! I want to be just like her when I get older! After her presentation, we had a classroom management seminar which made me feel  like I was back in America. We then went to the Farewell Party!! 



Just like the Welcome party, the Farewell party was awesome! We had tons of Taiwanese snacks and drinks! My favorite is Milk tea with pudding!! We learned how to swing dance with Crystal and then we taught the Taiwanese people the YMCA and electric slide. They were hilarious!! Some of them never got the motions to YMCA! Crystal and I sang some Karaoke together “Somewhere Over the Rainbow”.  




Then Crystal and Ben sang “Endless Love” together. Lina(one of the Taiwanese teaching assistants) made them hold hands and sing to each other. It was so funny. After that, Lina came up to our table and said, “Hannah and Allen you need to sing a song together. You can make-out. The Banana thing” She meant, “You can make up about the banana thing, but she said make-out!! It was hilarious. I laughed so hard!  

After the party, Joy, Jessica, Allen and I went out in the city on our own. We went to this random store. It was huge. It was kinda like a smaller version of Wal Mart. It had three floors of stuff. I got a few little things. After we walked back, we packed and went to bed.




No comments:

Post a Comment