About Me

My photo
My name is Hannah Meherg. I am a seventh grade English teacher. I am a former ESL teacher, Taiwan resident, theatre junkie, book lover, cookie baker, and baseball stat keeper.

Monday, August 22, 2011

It was such a Monday...

Monday

Back to speaking primarily… nothing… I am amazed some days at how little I say. I do talk to myself occasionally. I need a fish or something so I’m not talking just to myself.

I went to work today and there was literally NO ONE there. Not sure why or if there was a meeting I was supposed to be at and wasn’t told about, but I spent the morning working on a PowerPoint and watching/listening to The Glee Project YouTube videos (Go ahead. Hate on me. I don’t care).

I went to my favorite little restaurant for lunch and then to the grocery store. I am beginning to feel very comfortable in my part of the city. I know where to buy things and how to get around. So after a little resting and cleaning, I looked some stuff up on Google Maps, stuffed my larger map in my purse and took off! I was determined to find this church I want to attend on Sunday. Unfortunately, it is in the heart of Tainan City. But I made it! Of course I got turned around a few times, but I never got lost. However, I did receive help from a fellow foreigner who decided that any blonde headed, blue eyed person sitting on the side of the road looking at a map must be list. I repeat, I WAS NOT LOST! I was just trying to decide if I needed to turn right or left. I was 90% sure that I needed to turn left when he pulled up and asked if I needed help. He confirmed that I did indeed need to turn left and then we parted ways. He is the first non Asian I have seen since I have been in Tainan. So I found the road I was looking for, but not the building. I stopped about 2 blocks too early. Maybe I’ll go back one day this week and find the right church. The point was that I made it there and back without getting lost or dying!  Yay!! I am determined to go one or two new places a week. I am finally getting the hang of maps (it’s about time, right?). Yay!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment