About Me

My photo
My name is Hannah Meherg. I am a seventh grade English teacher. I am a former ESL teacher, Taiwan resident, theatre junkie, book lover, cookie baker, and baseball stat keeper.

Sunday, August 19, 2012

London

So I was home for ten days then Judson, Cassie and I headed off to London and Paris. I won't tell all the crazy details, but here are some of the highlights!


Arrived in London safe and sound - managed to work the Underground just fine! Ate fish and chips and did some shopping. Then I got to watch Shrek. It was so delightful and made me miss theatre really badly!



 Spent the morning on the tube :( and spent the afternoon exploring the Tower of London, having afternoon tea at St. Paul's Cathedral and shopping at Harrods. We saw The Phantom of the Opera at Her Majesty's Theatre and words cannot express how wonderful it was!!






Today we went on a lovely day trip to Windsor Castle, Oxford and Stonehenge. I loved them all, but my personal favorite was seeing The Eagle and the Child, the pub where C.S. Lewis and J.R.R. Tolkein regularly met with the Inklings!

 Lovely day today! Began at The Globe Theater, toured the Greek and Egyptian parts of the British Museum where I saw the Rosetta Stone, saw The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe (It was AMAZING), ate a delicious dinner and rode the London Eye! Plus the weather was perfect!



 I stood on top of a lot of famous dead people today - At Westminster Abbey. I also shopped at the Portabello Market, worshipped at St. Paul's Cathedral, photographed Buckingham Palace and sloshed through the rain in sopping wet shoes! Now onto Les Miserables at the Queen's Theatre! I'm in heaven!







No comments:

Post a Comment