About Me

My photo
My name is Hannah Meherg. I am a seventh grade English teacher. I am a former ESL teacher, Taiwan resident, theatre junkie, book lover, cookie baker, and baseball stat keeper.

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Dragonboat Festival


Dragonboat

One of the coolest things I have done in Taiwan is participating in Dragonboat races. The Dragonboat Festival is held in June every year. And it is a big deal. Groups of 20 rowers sit in a small boat decorated with dragon head regalia. There is a drummer who sits in the head and sets a beat for the rowers to row to. The way you paddle is very different than rowing a canoe or rowboat.

Anyway… I rowed with my school. We didn’t do very well, but I had a lot of fun! Here’s some pictures!

Learning how to row
Right after the race!

My team!


No comments:

Post a Comment