About Me

My photo
My name is Hannah Meherg. I am a seventh grade English teacher. I am a former ESL teacher, Taiwan resident, theatre junkie, book lover, cookie baker, and baseball stat keeper.

Monday, March 14, 2011

The Crucible, Baseball and Misc...

So it has been a while since I last posted. I have several good reasons for this.

1. Two weeks ago, we gave the Alabama High School Graduation Exam which I had to proctor every day.

2. This week was the week before the THS theatre department performed The Crucible. 

3. There were also baseball games and I run the scoreboard for the games.

So this week THS performed The Crucible. It is a very good play written by Arthur Miller. It is a very complex play that is difficult to perform. The kids did a very good job especially the leads!
But it was a lot of work. Lisa Newton (the Drama teacher) and I spend every night at the Civic Center practicing and then working on the set after the kids leave. Thursday night, we swung the lights and Lisa, Karen Dean and I were at the Civic Center until the wee hours of the morning. But it was all worth it for the kids.

Here are a few pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment