About Me

My photo
My name is Hannah Meherg. I am a seventh grade English teacher. I am a former ESL teacher, Taiwan resident, theatre junkie, book lover, cookie baker, and baseball stat keeper.

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Home Improvement

This weekend was a slight whirlwind. Friday I went home to see my parents for the first time since Christmas. Judson(my brother) and I went to see The Eagle, a fabulous movie with Channing Tatum.
Although I totally proved Anna (Judson's girlfriend) correct by listing Channing Tatum as one of the main reasons I wanted to see this (He is an Alabama boy and totally good looking), the main reason I wanted to see it was because of the story line.

In 140 AD, twenty years after the unexplained disappearance of the entire Ninth Legion in the mountains of Scotland, young centurion Marcus Aquila (Tatum) arrives from Rome to solve the mystery and restore the reputation of his father, the commander of the Ninth. Accompanied only by his British slave Esca (Bell), Marcus sets out across Hadrian's Wall into the uncharted highlands of Caledonia - to confront its savage tribes, make peace with his father's memory, and retrieve the lost legion's golden emblem, the Eagle of the Ninth.

I love this era of history! Not to mention that I teach British Literature and we have just completed the unit on it! Although early Brit Lit is not my favorite thing to teach... it is still a fascinating period of time.

Also this weekend, I got my dad to fix my desk... This past week I seriously considered moving into a cute little rental house very close to where I live. I really liked it - especially the wood floors!  But it was a little more than I needed to pay. But because I decided not to move, I thought that it was time to finish decorating! My poor bedroom has been a mismatched mess since I moved in! But I got my new comforter for Christmas, so now is a good time to decorate!! So Dad fixed my desk and I sanded and painted it and a new side table yesterday! While I sanded and painted, I watched the 25th Anniversary concert of Les Miserables... but that is another blog.

Anyways so now I have painted my desk, all except for the drawers. I also bought a pretty blue and white vase, a new shower curtain, and some new towels. I also am planning on painting some canvases to go over my bed. Pictures will be coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment