About Me

My photo
My name is Hannah Meherg. I am a seventh grade English teacher. I am a former ESL teacher, Taiwan resident, theatre junkie, book lover, cookie baker, and baseball stat keeper.

Monday, September 12, 2011

First week of school

Tuesday began my days of teaching… or so I thought. I arrived on Tuesday terrified but ready to get started. Around 9ish, we went to an assembly of all the students. The teacher introduced me, but that is all that was required of me. There have been several large hangups with the scheduling so none of the teachers have schedules. So basically I am required to come to work, but I don’t really have anything to do.

Wednesday I did go with Amanda to two of our classes to introduce myself, but I wasn’t actually supposed to do anything. Also on Wednesday I met Joe, a foreigner at a local university who is from… Dothan, Alabama, for dinner. We went to this place called the Narrow Alley, because you literally get to it through a narrow alley. Apparently, it is a very popular tourist spot. 

Friday there was a meeting between myself and all the Jr. High English teachers. I left the meeting so stressed and confused. They are not very clear with what they want from me. Apparently the last FET (foreign English teacher) before had been in Taiwan for several years so he did not need much help. For one, they expect me to know stuff without being told, but it doesn’t really work that way. I also received most of my books but no one told me specifics of what they want me to teach except Amanda. So I guess we will see what happens. 

By the way if I haven’t mentioned it before, I love my church. It is called Living Water Christian Church. They have a cafĂ© downstairs called Bus-7 and everything about the church is awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment